Friday, June 19, 2020

You Have a Baby BROTHER!!

A few hours after Jack was born, as soon as we could, we called G-Ma on FaceTime and got to introduce Jack to his big brother and sisters! It was so, so exciting to tell them they had a baby brother! I was feeling a little out of it, so I let Daddy do most of the talking. Daddy told them it was a boy & I told them what his name was. There was a lot of "aaahhhing" going on & of course some happy tears from G-Ma! They were all instantly in love with their new baby! 
Jonah was very set on the baby being a boy...so much so, that I was really worried how he would react if it was a girl. We talked a lot about how we don't get to choose, but God chooses for us, to try to prepare his heart either way! 
I also had several talks with the girls, especially Madison, about not rubbing it in too much if the baby was a girl. Of course the girls were really pulling for a girl, but since the moment they laid eyes on Jack, they were both so glad he was a boy! I think G-Ma gave them one more pep talk before we called about being excited and happy, no matter what the gender was! The most important thing was having a healthy baby. 
I never, ever could have imagined prior to Covid-19, that we would have to introduce our kids to their baby brother through FaceTime, but that's exactly what happened. My heart definitely hurt a lot over this, but we had no choice but just to make the most of it. I tried not to dwell on it too much. And, it made going home that much more special and exciting. 
I love the picture up above...it is my first picture with all 4 of my babies! 
I was video'ing with my phone as Brian was FaceTiming with them...here is the short version, right when he shares the happy news with them!
Rex was at our house so he video'd their reaction on his end...I love that we have this moment captured from both directions! And I LOVE the kids' reactions when they see Jack! 
Here is the long video (I forgot it was recording and laid it down on the bed...I still love listening to the audio though!)
Oh, how I love these sweet kids! The last 9 months have been very hard on me, and they have had to adapt and love me through it. I'm so ready to feel like my old self, so things can go back to normal again soon! 

Jonah's face! =0)))
Madison made all of these sweet cards and snuck them into my hospital bag. I loved that she made a boy card and a girl card! I mean, she worked so hard on all of these cards! 
So funny! "even though its a boy I bet it's a cute baby!" 
Mackenzie made this tiny little origami swan for me and Jack too! So sweet! 
Here were pre-video's that G-Ma sent us, from before the baby was born & right after he was born but they didn't know if it was a boy or girl yet. Love these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment