Friday, June 26, 2020

FC Road Show

When Jack was just one week old, Brian started traveling for the Falls Creek Road Shows. There were 14 of them, all across the state, from the end of June through the end of July. When we first found out we were pregnant and that the baby would be coming right in the middle of Falls Creek, we wondered how we would do it. God knew even then, that it wouldn't looked the way we thought it would. Several people joked with me, when camp was cancelled, "Were you praying that FC wouldn't happen this summer?" Well, no!! Who would ever, ever EVER have thought the entire summer of camp would be cancelled?? While I am very thankful that we were able to be home this summer, the Road Shows were also a LOT. Brian would leave around 7:00 in the morning most of the days, and get home between midnight and 1:00 AM. When I say we were exhausted because we had a newborn, this schedule also made it that much worse. I know it was important and an essential part of his job, but on a personal level, it was hard for me. I was home with a newborn and three kids, and I felt isolated and alone a lot. I spent a lot of time worried about Brian driving and being so exhausted, and I spent many nights getting up with the baby by myself because I wanted him to be able to rest. We made it though! 
There was also some fear and anxiety, because of Covid...Brian was around hundreds of people and then came home to a newborn...he wore a mask and socially distanced as much as he could, and we prayed for God's protection over our family and especially over little Jack. 
Here are some pics from the first few Roadshows, in Cushing & Jenks.
Very sweet...

No comments:

Post a Comment