Friday, June 19, 2020

Hello...My Name Is Jack


This pic above was Jack's big intro to the world...well, on Facebook anyway! I can't get over how perfect and beautiful this baby boy is! We were so excited and eager to show Jack off...there's no denying that it was sad to not have any of our family or friends with us at the hospital to meet him the day he was born. Beforehand, I had big plans to do one big Zoom call with all of our extended family to introduce them to Jack, but in the moment I just didn't feel up to doing that. After FaceTiming with the kids and G-Ma, we called Grandma Baldwin and Poppa & Louise, and then sent texts to the rest of the family & close friends. Everyone was so happy & overjoyed to hear that we had a healthy baby boy and we couldn't wait for everyone to meet him in person! I know there are a lot of negatives to social media, but on this day, we were so thankful for it...we posted Jack's birth announcement & 943 people liked it!! **WOAH** It was very fun to read so many sweet comments from our friends and family during our hospital stay, and know that people were celebrating and rejoicing with us! 

Back in 2015 when we had the miscarriage, we had the name Jack Thomas picked out for that precious baby. This time, as we talked about boy names, we both still really loved the name Jack. I did have mixed feelings about it at first, because I didn't want the baby we lost to be "replaced." After much thought, we both just felt like Jack was still the right name, if God were to give us a baby boy. And He did!! 

Jack means "God is gracious" and Brian means "Strong, Virtuous & Honorable." I love that so much!! Now I have two little boys, named after the two greatest men I have ever known! There are so many reasons that I'm thrilled that this baby is a boy...but at the top of the list is that I really wanted to be able to name him after his Daddy! (If we would've had a baby girl, her name was going to be Josie Lyn.)

Brian did an amazing job taking pictures in the hospital...he knows how to make me happy! He took over 85 pictures of this pose, to make sure I got just exactly the right one! =0) Have to get every angle, ya know?! 

Brian and I both called "Jack" "Jonah" more times than we could count in the hospital! It takes time to remember your baby's name, right?! Haha! 

Jack, I hope when you look back at this, you are filled with an overwhelming sense of love! Your arrival was anticipated and celebrated by SO many people!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment