Friday, December 13, 2019

Sharing the "Good Newsies"

Every year, the 5th grade does the "Good Newsies" musical at Christmastime. Madison came home several weeks ago and was so excited to tell me that she had tried out for a solo! I asked her what song she had to sing for her try out, and she started singing... "what can I give him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb..." Cue major tears from me...that is the duet I sang with my dad when I was around her age. I told her that no matter what, even if she didn't get a solo, it was such a gift to me that she came home and sang that song just for me! Well, Mrs. Roberts gave Madison that solo...yea!! We were so excited, and I was so proud of my shy, quiet Madison, for wanting to have a solo in the program. Her song was the very first one too, which I was really thankful for, so she could relax after it was done and enjoy singing the rest of the songs without being nervous! She told me several times the morning of the program that her tummy hurt & she didn't want to eat breakfast. She's a little like her momma! =0) 
On Friday morning, we went to a nursing home near the school and they did their performance for the first time there. They all looked so cute in their newsies-type clothes! I should have tried harder to find a more "newsies" shirt for Madison, but cutting the tips off the gloves and borrowing a scarf and hat from Poppa & Louise was the best I could do at the time. Grandma Baldwin spent the night before with us, so she could come to the Christmas program and then to the nursing home to watch Madison this morning, so it was fun to have her there. 
After they finished at the nursing home, we loaded up and went to Penn Square Mall for lunch and then another performance there that afternoon. G-Ma & Rex and Poppa & Louise met us there to watch that one. I was SO, SO, SO proud of Madison!! She sang her part beautifully & with even more confidence the second time. I know she was so relieved when it was over though! She still had one more time to do it, the following week for all of the elementary, before their Christmas parties. I just wish so badly that my Dad could have been there to see it! It was the neatest thing to see people at the mall stopping to listen to the Good News of Jesus being "preached" from these sweet 5th graders! Pretty sure this was the longest amount of time I had been out of my house and out in public in weeks...I pushed through the sickness because I wasn't about to miss this!
 Madison's solo at the nursing home:
Glory Deo:

Go Tell it on the Mountain:

Joy to the world:
Performance #2 at Penn Square Mall:
How completely cute is this picture of Poppa & Madison...love it so much!
Madison did such a beautiful job...so very proud of her!
(short version)

long version:
Go Tell it on the Mountain

Joy to the World!

No comments:

Post a Comment