Friday, December 13, 2019

1st Trimester: DONE!!!

I had my 12 week check up with Dr. Shepherd this week...such a sweet, sweet sigh of relief to make it to this point and hear that little heart beating at 163 bpm! I love this ultrasound picture too...where you can see the little hand up by baby's face & a clear side view of baby's leg. Like I said before, she only does very quick ultrasound glances at each appt leading up to 20 weeks, but then no more. And no 3D/4D, which I am definitely going to miss. 
I think it was around 10 weeks when I went and did the genetic testing blood-work...I was very relieved and thankful that it came back normal! 
At 12 weeks, I am still very much sick most of the day. It is the worst in the evenings and I take phenergan nearly every single night to help me get through it and go to sleep. It's the worst kind of sick...I'm not even throwing up...I wish I could just throw up and feel better. But nope...it just keeps lingering throughout the day. I also just have zero energy...like NONE. Even the smallest things just make me so tired. I'm really hoping by 15 weeks or so, I will start to feel better and get some energy back. It seems like thats about the time it got better during my other pregnancies. 
I'm definitely not able to hide my belly anymore...I have a feeling I'm going to get even bigger this time than I did with the others, and I gained 60 lbs with all 3 of them. UGH!! Hate this part of pregnancy! Trying to embrace it, but no doubt its hard for me. 
We have decided that we are going to wait to find out the gender of this baby until it is born. I know there are going to be days when that drives me crazy and I really want to know, but I think it will be such a fun surprise! Especially since we already have girls and a boy. And you know, this pregnancy was a complete shock and surprise, so we are just sticking with the surprise theme! It would be nice if I still had all of my baby gear, but of course I got rid of 95% of it all, because we were done. All I really have is a few keepsake outfits and the pack'nplay we used for Jonah. But, I'm trying not to stress about it. I know that it will all work itself out and this baby will have what it needs when it gets here! Mostly, it will be very loved & at least have diapers & white onesies to wear, haha! 

Making it through the 1st trimester really is something to celebrate and feels like a huge accomplishment to me! Maybe I will make it through this after all?! I kind of write that in a joking manner, but in all seriousness, there have been more moments than I can count, that I have seriously been scared to death that this is actually going to kill me and my kids are going to have to grow up without their Momma. Pregnancy is much more difficult at 37 than it was at 30 even. But, one day at a time, I am making it! 

Favorite foods during the 1st trimester: Taco Bueno (multiple times a week), French fries from McDonalds, hamburgers from Freddy's...pretty much any kind of food I didn't have to cook! Mostly salty/sour/savory things. Started loving lemonade and all things lemony, but that was more in the 2nd trimester. 

Already wearing maternity jeans... #sigh I think it was around this time that I decided to pack away all of the clothes in my closet and dresser that I can't fit into anymore. I literally cried for hours and hours, as I did that. But what a great feeling it will be, when I can get those tubs back out and wear my clothes again! I know it will be hard work getting back to that point, but I WILL do it. 
With the help of some makeup and a Snapchat filter, I actually look like I'm enjoying this pregnancy. Looks can be deceiving, for sure. =0) Still in "Fake it 'til you make it" mode around here! 
I've been feeling anything but pretty lately, but when I see these pictures, it gives me hope and reminds me that this is just a season and one of these days, I will get my "normal self" back again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment