Monday, December 16, 2019

December Misc.

December is always so crazy busy! I felt like I was dog paddling to keep my head above water pretty much the entire month. So many extra activities going on in December, plus basketball for 3 kids, plus keeping up with normal school stuff, plus getting ready for Christmas, plus still doing a limited number of Christmas cookies, plus trying not to throw up constantly! I usually love Christmas time and all that comes along with it, but this year I was just really overwhelmed and honestly glad when it was over. But...we made it and it was still a good month! 
One thing that was a bit of a bummer was that I had to cancel our cruise that we were supposed to take over Spring Break. We lost around $250, and got the other $250 in cruise credit that we have 24 months to use. That's okay though, this baby is worth it! 
Here are some random pics taken in December. 
Our tuition payments are set for June 1 and December 1...I am always so relieved and thankful when I receive letters and checks in the mail from Kammy...there are just no words to express how grateful we are for the Hoppers' investment in our family. 
This was at Brian's work Christmas party...how cute are these napkins?! 
The entertainment at the party was...interesting?? Let's just say I was wishing I was at home in bed for sure! 
The 5th grade did a read-a-thon and had family members sponsor them to raise money to buy Christmas gifts for kids at the Boys Ranch. Then one Friday, they got to actually go shopping and then wrap the gifts and deliver them to the boys ranch. I hated missing out on it, but I just couldn't do it this time. It sounded like they had a great time though! 
Mrs. Kemery sent me this picture of her Crosstitch Club, with their final products right before Christmas break. Madison has loved learning to crosstitch this semester! 
Jonah wrote this Bible verse at school. So proud of how his handwriting has progressed! 
And I love this Bible verse...
Sooooo good!!! I'm so glad that we have Tazikis in Edmond! I guess I should have added this to my list of foods that I craved when I was in the first trimester, because I did eat this a lot! 
Madison was invited to Lizzie's birthday party...they had all kinds of animals there & Madison came home begging for a chinchilla...um, no?! 
Mackenzie was invited to go caroling with her friends...so glad she has this sweet group of girls to hang out with! 
We were showing G-Ma and Poppa & Louise the reactions the kids had when we told them about the baby, I think. This was right after we took our family pics with Kourtney.
Dress shopping for the CHA Christmas program...thankfully we found something at the first store we went to! Kohl's for the win! So pretty! 
Jonah is my little cuddle! He likes to climb into bed with me & it always brightens my day! 
If not for Amazon, we would've been in big trouble this Christmas! I bought very few things in an actual store. 
I felt very accomplished when I got some presents wrapped and under the tree! 
The day of Madison's Good Newsies program at the mall, we found the 12 days of Christmas socks at Justice that she's been wanting! She deserved an early "present" after doing so well on her solo twice that day! 
Christmas parties at church...Mackenzie won the "Ugly Sweater contest"...I actually PRAYED for her to win after they left for church, because she wanted to so badly! She got a gift card & a giant rice Krispy treat! Madison also won in the kids' party...she got a giant Hershey bar that we ate on until February! Jonah was just happy to be able to share in all of their winnings! It was an exciting night all around! 
Have you noticed that a lot of pictures recently have been taken from this view point? Hahaha! #layinginbed
They looked so cute though, that I did drag myself out of bed to take some pics in front of the tree! 
My sweet friend, Kelly McConnell made a casserole for us, for dinner one night...it was so sweet and thoughtful of her! 
Love this TimeHop memory...and miss the "normal" that I see when I look at it. 
I didn't do even a fraction of the cookies that I normally do, but I did do some. Really just enough to kind of help with the expense of Christmas. 
Mackenzie went to a walk through nativity story with her friends...looks like they had a great time! 
We ended December with a visit from the Easterwood's, which we all loved so much!! We met them at Tazikis for lunch and then they came back to our house to hang out for a few hours. 
Love & miss my friend! 
Mackenzie had basketball practice for several days during Christmas break...all that running makes you hungry! 
Jonah was getting after it! (Not sure what this weird video even is!)
Daddy took the girls to see the new Star Wars movie with Jamie & a big group of people. 
This movie is more up Madison's alley! 
Mackenzie helped Daddy with a little project up on the roof one day, during the week between Christmas and New Years. I had no idea he had her up there like this...eek!! Glad I didn't know about it until she was safely back on the ground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment