We celebrated Mackenzie's birthday with our family on Sunday, October 4th. We got to celebrate Poppa Jim's birthday too! Brian made it home from Guatemala on Saturday night around midnight, so he made it just in time to party! I love this invitation...I think it's my favorite that I've ever made. We had chili & baked potato soup for lunch and cupcakes and cookies for dessert. My favorite thing we did was the photo booth. I think everyone had fun dressing up in accessories and acting silly! I know we will always look back and laugh at these pictures. Mackenzie got all kinds of cool presents...the Lego Friends Hotel from G-Ma was probably her favorite! We got her a new bike because she has outgrown her other one. Of course Brian picked a fancy one that "can do cool tricks." Hmm...not sure if she's really ready for that, but it is an awesome bike! After every single birthday party we ever have, I end the day so thankful for our wonderful family and the way they love on our kids. I have had the thought a few times that Mackenzie has almost come to the end of her "kid" birthday parties...SAD...don't get me wrong, we will always celebrate birthdays in a big way, even when she's 30! It's just sad thinking that her childhood is passing so quickly. But hey...given the exciting news of this last week, we will have a whole lot of kid birthday parties ahead of us with this new little one!
This picture definitely makes me smile...this is our Mackenzie...funny, energetic, outgoing, full of personality, a free little spirit!
Hallelujah, HE'S HOME!!! (I have never been so happy to have him back from a trip!)
9 years ago, she came along and filled my heart with more love than I knew I could handle!
Some day we are going to have a good laugh at her posing pictures from her birthday parties over the years!
And...this is what happens when Daddy gets ahold of the camera...
Rex found this frame for us at a thrift store or something for just a few dollars and I painted it for the photo booth. Fun stuff! Mackenzie was SUCH a good sport, dressing up and making silly faces over and over...and over, to take pictures with everyone at the party! I was impressed by how many funny faces she came up with.
The Easterwood's & Romoser's are like family to us and we are always so happy they can come to our parties! These girls love each other!
Madison's big eyes!
"Ahoy, Matey!"
Rex should never, ever get an earring! LOL!
Grandma Shaw gets the prize for best silly face picture!
The birthday boy & girl! I'm so glad Mack gets to share her birthday celebrations with Poppa Jim!
I don't know...Poppa gave Grandma Shaw a run for her money with this silly face!
We LOVE Ms. Kari!
We were so glad Jeff & Debbie could come to celebrate and have lunch with us!
Nice photo bomb, Brother...
Apparently everyone wanted in our picture! LOL! I love this one!
This one really makes me laugh...it's almost like Carver has a dirty diaper and he's embarrassed by it! Ha, ha! I'm pretty sure they didn't plan it that way.
So. Fun.
Connie didn't make it until the end of the party, but I was so glad she came!
Birthday prayer & cake time!
Grandma Shaw & Kari were quite comfy on the round chair! This makes me so happy...I always hope people feel comfortable in my home!
Time for presents!!!
Kari gave Mackenzie this makeup bag with all kinds of "real makeup" in it...she put the cutest stickers on it that say "Mack's Makeup Bag." So thoughtful and personalized!
I came across some of the strawberry candies that Poppa Jim always had for me at church when I was a little girl. I don't remember a single Sunday without them. I filled a little bucket with them for his birthday. Not a very big gift, but it came from the heart! I love him so, so much!
Kinley got Mackenzie a best friends mood necklace that they each have a piece of. So sweet!
And last, I just had to add this one in there...this came up on my TimeHop app and it was taken at Mackenzie's 3rd birthday party, when Madison was just a baby...we sure miss Pa at our parties. He would have had a blast dressing up and making silly faces with Mackenzie! I'm sure he's smiling down on us. Look at that little ball of cuteness he's holding!


No comments:
Post a Comment