Saturday, October 10, 2015

Let's Paint & Party!

We had Mackenzie's friend birthday party at our house this year and had a painting party with 15 girls! (If I would've known that I was pregnant before planning it, I probably wouldn't have done such an extreme party at home...but, I'm glad we did it.) I will say that it never, ever would have happened without G-Ma's help! (She didn't even know I was pregnant at this point!) She gathered supplies & stenciled on the cupcake design on all 15 canvases. Rex even made easels for each of the girls to take home with them. So nice of him to do that! G-Ma made each of the girls take an oath to not compare their painting to anyone else's and not get frustrated...each of their paintings was beautiful and unique in its own way. It was so fun to see what colors they chose! It was really, really hot on this day, but I just couldn't figure out how to do the combination of 15 girls and paint inside my house, so we made it work! The girls had fun with the photo booth props, then we had cupcakes & ice cream and Mack opened her gifts. This was a great ending to her 9th birthday celebrations!
I'm so thankful for these sweet friends...
Campbell, Jade, Katelyn, Carly, Mackenzie, Kinley, Meg, Avery
Natalie, Madison, Abigail, Joslin, Emma, Hannah, Caroline
Why didn't we think of this when I was a kid? I would have LOVED it!
 
Party Table: Take Two!
Photo Booth Fun! These girls and their faces...so funny!
(We didn't get everyone in these pics, because it was crazy and we ran out of time.)
 
 
I'm just SOOOOO glad G-Ma was there to show them what to do!
Some of the moms stayed to help, which was great...it took all of us helping to get it done! I was so impressed by all of the girls' paintings...they did an amazing job! Especially since the sun was so bright and it was so hot.
Every true artist must sign their work!
Love the paint on her forehead!
She blew her candle right off of the cupcake!
Poor Jonah...surrounded by all of these girls!
He didn't seem to mind...
Present time!
 
This was the cutest thing...Jewel stayed to play with Jonah during the party and when Brian went to check on them, he found them sitting in this chair in Jonah's room reading a book. Brian said Jonah looked up, like he had been caught and said, "Oh, Hi Daddy!" LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment