Friday, July 10, 2015

My Friends

I have the most amazing friends, and for that I am so thankful! True, genuine, deep friendships are hard to find. I don't know what I would do without these two ladies in my life...with them, I can just be...ME! On this day, we met at Chuy's for my birthday lunch (only a month late...June was just too crazy!)
 
Kari is my friend that I can tell anything to...she always makes me laugh & on many levels, we "get" each other.. She's also my only friend that asks me to go wig shopping with her! =0) God brought her into my life during a time when I desperately needed a friend and a supporter in ministry. We have had a few bumps in the road, but that has only made our friendship that much sweeter. Her testimony and her openness and willingness to share it are incredible. I always know I can ask her to pray for me and she will...I love her dearly!
 
Connie is kind of like the sister that I never had. We are a lot alike in many ways. God has weaved our lives together through our girls, but it goes so much deeper than that. I always know she will listen and give me honest feedback about anything. We laugh a lot and just have fun when we're together. Getting to experience the birth of her baby girl this summer was something that I will hold dear to my heart forever. Connie has had a heavy load this summer with a new baby in the NICU...I know God has carried her through this time, but I think she's pretty much amazing!
 
Each of these women challenge me to be better...a better friend, follower of Christ, wife, mom...that's what God-give friendships should be about! Walking through life together, supporting and loving each other, in good times and bad. I came across this article (http://christianity.about.com/od/prayersverses/qt/friendshipbibleverses.htm) and thought these words were true and appropriate to describe our friendship...
 
True Christian friends will build each other up emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Friends like to be together simply because it feels good. We receive strength, encouragement, and love. We talk, we cry, we listen. But at times we also have to say the difficult things our dearest friend needs to hear. Yet, because of the shared trust and acceptance, we are the one person who can impact our friend's heart, for we know how to deliver the hard message with truth and grace. I believe this is what Proverbs 27:17 means when it says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

2 comments:

  1. Oh now, you done did it! I'm crying. I love you too, Candace! Yes. Gods perfect timing! Love all three of you. I feel equally blessed and cherished. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to make you cry! I am SO thankful for your friendship! ESPECIALLY this past week!!!

    ReplyDelete