Mackenzie went to Day Camp at Tulakogee this week and she had a blast! She wasn't nervous at all about this, but I have to say that it was a weird feeling for me to send her off each day. I can't imagine how I will feel next year when she stays overnight. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to be a sponsor! Brian was gone to Colorado for the Sr. trip this week, so I took her to the church each morning and picked her up at 5:30. I love this picture above of her sweet friends: Bella, Josie, Mackenzie, Aubrey & Emma. I know Mackenzie missed having Kinley there! The kids got to swim, do fun activities like the rock wall, sign language, crafts, fishing, hiking, and more! They had worship each morning and learned about the Bible story of Esther. Another thing that she was so excited about was the lanyard she got with a $5 punch card for the canteen! She spent over half of it the first day, so I had to remind her to save some for the last day too! I loved watching the video's our church put together, since I wasn't there to watch her having fun at camp. I know one thing...Mackenzie came home a very tired girl every night! She can't wait to go back to camp next year! At the meeting the week before camp, I asked if Mackenzie would be able to get ahold of me if she needed me. Connie kind of laughed a little, but reassured me that she could call me if she needed to. This was just a big step towards independence for my "baby" girl, and this Momma didn't like it! But, I love the beautiful young lady she is growing into!
She gave camp two thumbs up when I picked her up the first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment