While we were at the lake over 4th of July weekend, Mackenzie really started feeling bad and complaining that her ear hurt. By the time Saturday came, she was running a pretty high fever and in tears because it hurt so bad. She has had many, many ear infections, but this one was the worst I have ever seen. I think it was a combination of swimmer's ear and a regular ear infection. We drove home and around 3:00 or so I decided to take her to the dr. Our pediatrician was out of town, and his answering service said to take her to St. Francis Pediatric ER. I wasn't too sure about that, but off we went. Brian stayed at home with Madison and Jonah. We got there and checked in, they took her temp and sent us to pay our co-pay...which was $150. WOAH! Then they sent us to the waiting room where there were TONS of people. After sitting there for about 25 minutes, I realized we would be there waiting for HOURS and HOURS, so I decided we should leave and go somewhere else. I wanted to get her the help she needed, but I just didn't feel like that was the right decision. I called my friend, Jill, who is a nurse and she said if I would bring Mackenzie over, she would look in her ear to see what she thought. When we got there, she said it was very badly infected. I ended up calling Tulsa Pediatric Urgent Care, which I didn't think took our insurance, and found out that they do accept Community Care now, so we headed over there. They put a little ear wick cotton thing in Mack's ear and got us a prescription for antibiotics and ear drops and we finally got home around 9:00. It was a LONG, stressful day for me! This ear infection was so bad that I had to take her back to Dr. Raley a few days later and she ended up having to get 2 shots in her bottom. That. Was. Horrible. She completely freaked out and wailed like none other. I seriously think people in the parking lot could have heard her. On top of that, I had Madison and Jonah with me...Madison was crying almost as loud as Mackenzie, and Jonah was sitting on the dirty floor because I didn't have enough hands to deal with all three of them. I am laughing about it now, but at the time it was very stressful and hard for all of us! Thankfully, the shots worked quickly and she felt much better the very next day. However, for the entire rest of the day, she limped around and could just barely walk. She is very dramatic! We went to G-Ma's that day too, so she really hammed it up and got lots of sympathy from G-Ma!
This poor girl has had more ear issues...I'm really hoping she grows out of that soon! I hate it when my babies are sick.
I just had to include this one...she wanted to see what her band-aids looked like, so I took a picture of it to show her!




No comments:
Post a Comment