Sunday, June 16, 2013

Missing My Dad

This is my second Father's Day without my Dad and I think it was harder than the first...some days it still seems to me like he's been gone on a long trip and is coming back any day now. 
Some things I miss about him: 
* Watching Wheel of Fortune and laughing when he would figure one out and get so excited
* Hearing him tell me "You look pretty"
* Watching him shake his head and smirk at the funny things my mom would do, like when she danced around the house or did leg lifts in the floor.  =0) (sorry Mom, you know it's true!)
* His bacon and fried potatoes...he cooked the best bacon and fried potatoes!
* Standing next to him in church and listening to him sing. He had the most beautiful voice. Sometimes I would just stop singing and listen...
* Having him stand over me and tell me how to do things...like how to open a jar, or how much mustard to put on something...I always hated that at the time...he always had to give his input about how things should be done, no matter how small they were! Never thought I would miss being told how to do things all the time, but I do...
* I even miss the fact that he was right 100% of the time.
* Seeing him standing in the garage when we pull up, and helping me unload all my stuff.
* Having him coming up behind me while I sit at the computer and rubbing my shoulders.
* I miss being called "Girly-who"
* Hearing the girls talk about their Pa...occasionally they will mention him, but I know there are so many things that they won't remember. He loved them so much!
* Having him come into the kitchen when I was decorating cookies and seeing the look of pride on his face...he was very proud of me for starting that...I guess you never get too old to want your parents approval and praise about the things you do in life.

I could go on and on...I miss having a Dad. Guess that about sums it up.

My FB status with this picture said, "Miss him more than ever! Sometimes you don't realize how good you have it until it's gone. Wishing I could hug you, Dad and say "I love you, Happy Father's Day! Thanks for being the best..."

I sure am blessed to have had such a wonderful earthly father...and thankful that I will get to spend eternity with him someday. I just wish I could have had him a while longer here in this life...

No comments:

Post a Comment