Friday, June 7, 2013

Happy Birthday to Us!

This was the first year in many, many years that Brian and I actually got to be together on both of our birthdays. The way it fell, Brian came home from Super Summer on the day of my birthday. We were planning to go to Osaka that night, but I wasn't feeling well so we ended up just sticking around the house. The next day, on Brian's birthday, we went to Outback, which is one of our new favorite places to eat. We have celebrated a lot of birthdays together now...18 birthdays, to be exact! WOW! It is still so crazy to me that we have now been together for more than half of our lives. I'm so glad that I get to share my birthday with the one I love!

I came across this picture the other day. We were 15 and so in love! Look at that baby face Brian has...he was so cute! (and still is, of course!)
I am blessed beyond measure!
Daddy's birthday dinner at Outback!
And last but not least...about a week after our birthdays we went to Ted's with Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin after the girls' PreSMAK program on Wednesday night. It was SO good, and definitely worth the hour long wait! Yes, we wanted it that bad! The highlight of the evening was when the waiter whispered to me, "Is it his birthday?" talking about Brian, and I just grinned and said, "Yes!" I saw no reason to explain that it was also my birthday! Just in the nick of time, I asked Brian if I could see his phone to look at some pictures, and used it to video right when they came out with the sombrero, ready to sing Happy Birthday! 
Brian is such a good sport!

Three Generations of Baldwin's...and a Pony!
These three video's are of Mackenzie playing the piano for me at G-Ma's house on my birthday. She is starting to ask pretty often if she can take piano lessons, so we may have to look into that this Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment