Mackenzie had her first All Star basketball game this past Saturday and we were so proud of her! This was actually the 2nd week for her team to play, but Brian was gone on the Ski Trip the week before and didn't want to miss her first game, so we waited until this week to let her play. Her 1st game is a big deal, after all! At the beginning of the game, both teams gathered up to pray before starting and Mackenzie volunteered to pray. We were very proud of her for that! My favorite part of watching her play is when she skips up and down the court. I know we should probably tell her to run, but I just can't do it...it's too cute! She is the shortest on her team by a couple of inches, and just can't get the ball to the basket. What she lacks in height, she makes up for in defense. She is an aggressive little thing, and plays defense even when she is supposed to be playing offense! She gets very confused about where she is supposed to stand and has to ask the coach EVERY single time they go to the other end of the court where she is supposed to be. =0) Most of the girls on her team are 1st graders and their league even has 2nd graders, so she is still very young. G-Ma and Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin came to watch her play. After the game I asked her what her favorite part was and she said, "The snacks we got when it was over!" Oh boy! At times she gets frustrated that she can't make a basket, and we just always encourage her to have fun and not worry about it. I'm so glad she is playing though and I know she will learn a lot during the season. And she looks so stinkin' cute in her uniform!
#11 "Mack Attack"
Team meeting before the game!
Part of Mack's cheering section...Madison and G-Ma visited the concession table more than once during the game!
More fans!
She kept waving her hands and saying, "I'm open! I'm open!" (even when she wasn't really open!)
Zach Romoser and Austin Helt are the girls' coaches. Mackenzie loves Zach!
Here is a video of Mackenzie bringing the ball in, in one of her basketball games.
This video is from one of Mack's practices...poor Madison didn't like basketball practice too much, because she didn't get to play and she didn't even get snacks!

.jpg)






.jpg)










No comments:
Post a Comment