Jonah has been acting very interested in what we are doing when we are eating, so I decided it was time to try some cereal. After all, he does enjoy eating! His thighs are already so chunky that he barely fits in the bumbo chair. I have had this problem with all three of our babies in the Bumbo chair, but eventually once they start crawling and thin down a little, they fit better! Mackenzie was still sleeping, so Madison got to help feed Jonah, which she thought was very fun. I think more of the cereal made its way down Jonah's bib than actually ended up in his mouth, but he seemed to like it. Later in the day though, he became very fussy and I think it was because his tummy may have been bothering him. After feeding him this once, I decided to hold off for a few more weeks before trying again. Honestly, I think I just wasn't ready yet. This seems like such a big step in him growing up, and I absolutely love breastfeeding him and knowing that he is getting his nutrition from me. It is such a wonderful bonding experience, and especially knowing that he is my last baby, I will be so sad when it is over. So I am going to wait until closer to 6 months before I really start giving him a lot of baby food. He obviously is getting what he needs for now!
Madison thought she was big stuff getting to help with this, especially without Mackenzie.
He was looking at the bowl like, "What is that?!"
"Hurry up and feed me, Momma, before I eat my bib!"
Such a good big sister!























No comments:
Post a Comment