Thursday, June 21, 2012

VBS at WHBC

We were so glad to be able to do VBS at WHBC on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. (G-Ma was kinda glad the girls were there too!) Their VBS is one of a kind and I'm so glad the girls get to experience it. Thursday was "Thunder Day," since the OKC Thunder was playing in the finals that night, so we had to go buy some blue, orange & white for them to wear. (Wish they would have won!) Mackenzie was excited about VBS and went right into her class, but Madison wasn't too sure about it. She just couldn't understand why G-Ma wasn't paying attention to her at all times. Especially during the opening & closing...she cried nearly the whole time for G-Ma, who was up on stage doing stuff. Since she got to be in the same class as Mackenzie, she ended up doing fine and having a fun time. And yes, "Pony" was with her at all times! As always, the girls loved the puppets. Mackenzie was also very excited about the little round pizzas they got at snack time with "little red things" on them...pepperonis (bagel bites). Why is it that kids will eat new things around other kids that they would never eat at home?! Taylor came over and spent the night with us on Thursday night, and Libby came over to play after VBS on Friday for a while. This was "Round 1" of VBS for us...we went right into "Round 2" the very next week at home. By the time it was over, I even had all of the songs memorized!
One more story I have to share...
Mike asked me to take pictures for the newsletter on Thursday and Friday, so I went into the Kindergarten room, where they had just finished learning about Mary and Joseph, to snap some pictures...one of the little girls looked right at me and said, "Mary, will you take my picture?" Hey, I had a baby in my tummy, so that just makes sense, right?! What was even funnier was when I went into the same class the next day and a different little girl said, "Hi Mary!" So funny! =0)

I love this picture of Madison and Jamie saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
The stage is always incredible!
Such cute little pilots!
Day 2: Face Paint Day
Here are a few of the crafts they made at VBS...
Here are some video's of Mackenzie in music. The girl likes to dance! Madison is nowhere to be found...I have a feeling she was standing right by my feet the second she saw me enter the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment