Well we did it! We got Mackenzie mostly moved into her dorm room at SNU on Friday! I am focusing on her excitement instead of my sadness. I did wear my special shirt on this day...
It's fine. I'm fine. Everything's fine. (Sure?)
In all seriousness, her room is so cute and we had a fun time helping her set everything up. It was a joint effort--everyone in the family helped! Daddy and Jack put together a bookshelf, Madi worked on hanging clothes--sorted by color of course--and Jonah tested out the beds and made sure they were comfy enough! (He was still recovering from having his appendix out so he took it easy!) I helped make sure she had everything she needed and tried to help her get organized. One thing that made this day easier was that she was actually coming home for the weekend, so she didn't actually sleep there yet.
Mackenzie got to move in a few days earlier than most Freshmen because of her White Christmas theater camp. She is rooming with Kenzie, but she wasn't able to move in yet. She did bring a few things over and help get the furniture set up the way they wanted it.
I am so thankful that Mackenzie is only going to be 30 minutes from home! I really can't imagine having to move your child to college in another state. I would definitely have to be medicated for that!
Moving Mackenzie into college was kind of a drawn out process since she got to move in earlier than other Freshmen. There was definitely a sense of relief for me once we had her all settled in...the idea of moving her to college has just been hanging over me like a little rain cloud for months. We survived it though, and now we can just get on with life and our new normal.
We are praying that she has a great Freshman year at SNU!
Before ALL of the stuff arrived!
The moving crew...
Madi already can't wait to go to college! Stop the clock...
I love all of the decorations Mackenzie picked out for her room! So calming and pretty.
She got to show us the inside of Cantrell Hall, where many of her performances will take place.
Later that evening, GMa came up to see Mack's room!
Love her so much!
We did it! This was one of those "I'm gonna make it moments..."



































No comments:
Post a Comment