Tuesday, February 25, 2025

The Car Nightmare

I could write a book about this car situation, but I am not going to, because it actually makes my blood pressure rise. If ever I could relate to the rage monster on DP, it is now. Long story short...we took Mackenzie's car to Kalidy Kia on 12/30 after getting a notice in the mail from Kia that we should bring it in for a factory update. Let me be clear---there was not one thing wrong with it before we took it in. (If only we could go back and never take it there!) Well--whatever they did to it sent the motor into "limp mode" and now the car is ruined. It is now February 25th, so they have had the car for almost 2 months and they refuse to do anything to fix it. Even though they are the ones who messed it up. It is the craziest thing to me. Brian has gone round and round with them, and basically we are apparently just out of luck. We have contacted an attorney, but the car probably isn't worth how much we would have to pay a lawyer to take the case. So here we are, already without a car for Brian, and now Mackenzie's car is trash too. This has caused so much unnecessary stress...I really can't even believe it is happening. We are now taking the car back to Hashimi, where we bought it, and hoping he can do something to fix it.

Update as of July 2025 -- yes, 7 MONTHS after this stupid nightmare began -- Kia did NOTHING to fix what they broke, and Hashimi still has the car, trying to fix it. Poor Mackenzie still doesn't have her car back. She goes to college in a few weeks, and I'm not sure what we are going to do. I really can't believe this whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment