Brian and I spent a few days away in Southeast OK this past week. Brian had a speaking engagement Wednesday night in Hugo, and our friends at Trinity in Idabel gathered with us for another Ignite the Mission on Thursday night. We were planning to stay in a little (I will use the word "humble" to be nice) apartment type room on Wednesday night. But when the person who set that up for us found out I came with Brian, he said "Why don't you guys go spend the night at my cabin in Broken Bow?" We were very surprised by this kind offer, and we were even more surprised when we got to the cabin and it was PERFECTION. It was like a little gift from the Lord...complete with a hot tub, fireplace, and hammock on the back porch. We got there pretty late, and just stayed for one night, but it was a much-needed getaway for us. Life has been pretty heavy the past several months...we are good, but there hasn't been a whole lot of time for just the two of us. I saw this picture the other day, and it really resonated with me...this is a very accurate depiction of what life has been like for us since September. No matter what though...we are in this together!
On Thursday evening, we had dinner and shared about GoodNews Journey with another group of people that we love at Trinity Baptist Church in Idabel. Once again, we left very encouraged and thankful for more GNJ partnerships. Andrew put us up in the Choctaw Landing resort on Thursday night, and it was equally as wonderful as the cabin. Thankful!
This was my FB post to go along with these pictures...
"Thankful for a few days away with @brianbaldwin82 doing ministry, gathering with friends, and just being together. These songs lyrics are everything right now...thank you, Jesus!
There's mercy in the waiting
Mana for today
And when it's gone, I know You're not
You are my hope and stay
When the sea is raging
Your spirit is my help
He'll fix my eyes on Jesus Christ
And I'll say that it is well
Oh I know that it is well
I'm fighting a battle
You've already won
No matter what comes my way
I will overcome
I don't know what You're doing
But I know what You've done
I'm fighting a battle
You've already won
Here are some pictures from Brian's speaking events at a school and church on Wednesday.
Our late night arrival at the surprise cabin in the woods...I took all of these pictures, because I was amazed at how beautiful it was, and couldn't believe we were actually getting to stay there.
The best part...
We slept in, went to lunch, then came back and laid in the hammock and got back in the hot tub, before it was time to head into Idabel. I could have stayed there forever!
TBC was our first "real" ministry position, back in 2006 when we were 24 years old! Just like with our STBC friends, we are so humbled and grateful to be able to partner with friends from TBC to launch GNJ!
LOVE these friends!!




































No comments:
Post a Comment