February is here, and reality is sinking in that graduation is coming fast. A college decision is looming overhead. This week I went with Mackenzie to Southern Nazarene University for another college visit. From the minute we got there, it just felt right. Our friend, Billy, works in the recruiting office for SNU, so he set up our visit and took us on the tour. I was so sad that Brian wasn't able to join us...he was working and couldn't be there. Mackenzie has been to SNU's musical productions the past few years and she has loved them. They have a great Musical/Theater program. We got to meet Professor Ambrosini, who is (I think) the Dean of the music program at SNU, and she was wonderful. We found out that Mackenzie could audition for a music scholarship, so we signed her up to do it the following weekend. Why wait?! Billy showed us around campus, and then a few students took us over to see the girls dorms. After that, we ate lunch in the student union. Unlike our visit to UCO, it was easy to see Mackenzie's future at SNU...I think she would thrive there and absolutely love it! A bonus is that her friend Kenzie, is going to SNU, so they could be roommates. By the time we left, I think her mind was pretty well made up. I think we have a future SNU Vocal Music major with Theater emphasis, in the house!
** She did receive a music scholarship & an academic scholarship...added to what we qualify for through FASFA, it almost covers her entire tuition. Praise!!
This verse has been our family anthem this year...so seeing it on the wall like this at SNU was special!
My baby is about to go to college...how can it be?!













No comments:
Post a Comment