Thursday, January 16, 2025

The House on Prescott Street

 

This house holds so many precious memories. Mackenzie was 15 months old when we built and moved into this house...our first home to actually own. I remember how exciting it was to pick out everything--paint colors, light fixtures, carpet, flooring...we got to make it our own. We brought Madi home from the hospital to this house, and then a few years later we brought Jonah home from the hospital here. This is the last house we lived in that my Dad, Grandma Shaw & GG were ever in. For some reason, I can't ever look at this house without having that thought. I guess you could say we experienced a lot of loss while living in this home, as well as countless wonderful memories raising our babies. It still has the same "Welcome" sticker on the front door that we applied. I hope whoever lives there now is as happy there as we were for all the years we were there. I sat in my car and cried looking at this house last week. I could just envision Brian teaching Mackenzie how to roller blade in the street where I was parked, when she was 6. As I went by the playground, I could remember pushing our little girls on the swings like it was yesterday. As I looked up and down each street, I remembered all the walks I went on, pushing Jonah in his baby stroller. So many birthday parties, holidays, garage sales...so many "firsts" with our babies happened here. Time is a thief! This little house on the corner of Prescott Street is forever special to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment