Wednesday, January 1, 2025

The Great Divide ~ Sisters Duo


Oh, my heart! This was one of those moments in life, where you wish you could just freeze time. It was like a flashback to when they were 6 and 8 years old, playing dress up and having dance parties in the living room. When they first started talking about doing a duo at Nationals, they wanted to do some kind of song about sisters. We thought about the White Christmas song, but that is just not a very good song for this kind of thing. When they settled on The Great Divide, from Tinkerbell, it was perfect! And their outfits...well...we won't talk about how much we spent on them, but they were perfect too! It was all I could do to not bawl my eyes out, as I stood there watching them perform together on stage. My beautiful girls, growing up so fast! Each unique and special in their own ways, and yet so much alike at the same time. I know I'm their mom and definitely a little biased, but I'm pretty sure this was like the best thing ever! (I actually heard from several moms that this was their favorite routine.) Such a sweet way to celebrate their last year of HS cheer together at Nationals!
GMa's comment on my FB post was sweet...
I’m not gonna lie - I had tears in my eyes when I watched them do this - it was like going back in time and I thought of the many times I saw them do something very much like this in the living room when they were little. They’d say, “GMa! You have to introduce us!”….and so I would….”For your viewing pleasure, introducing the amazing sisters, Mackenzie Grace and Madi Joy!”💚

I am so unbelievably proud to be their Mom! My little fairies! 













No comments:

Post a Comment