Saturday, August 3, 2024

Hakuna Matata

We took the boys back to the park while the girls continued to rest for a couple more hours, and then they met up with us. I was a little nervous about them walking there alone, but they did just fine. Madi just still wasn't feeling great and needed a little more time to recover. We took the boys on the submarine ride, to drive the cars, and to ride the little Casey Jr train. When the girls got there, we rode Peter Pan (can't believe we waited until the very end of our trip for this one...usually it is the very first ride we do!). We finished the night with the fireworks show in front of the castle, followed by a mad dash around the park to try and find Jonah the souvenir Star Wars helmet he wanted. Props to Daddy for not taking no for an answer, and convincing a worker to find one for him, even though the store was already closed! Mackenzie got some light sabers she's wanted for a long time, Madi got a Disneyland spirit jersey, and Jack got a Forky! (That's already broken, but that's okay--he fits right in with the rest of Jack's Toy Story characters now!) 
While riding Dumbo towards the end of the night, I asked Jack "What was your favorite part of our trip?" and his response was the absolute sweetest thing ever..."Spending time with my family!" I mean---wow--that just goes to show what is most important to kids. Sure, being at Disneyland is tons of fun. But what kids need and crave most of all is to just to spend time and be loved by their family! My heart...
I'm always sad when a Disney trip ends. I know it can't last forever, but I'm never ready for it to be over. But as the saying goes, "the Happiest place on Earth is wherever you are with the people you love." So with that in mind, with our hearts full of memories and lots of love...let's go home.
Had to send this to Poppa!
This was fun! We laughed a lot!

We managed to find a curb to sit on for the fireworks show. I went into the Jolly Holiday Cafe to get some food while we waited. Best grilled cheese & tomato soup I've ever had! Even though trying to eat that while sitting on the ground during a fireworks show was next to impossible.
Oh my heart!!! Worth all the money, sweat, frustrating moments...worth everything!!
Favorite memory...Jack what was your favorite part of our trip? 
Jack : "Spending time with my family!" 
We snuck in a fast ride on Big Thunder Mountain at the end of the night.
Proof that I actually can smile on a roller coaster! =0) 
Star Tours rating...Daddy was the rebel spy! 
Jonah got his helmet!! Best Daddy award goes to...
I'm going to try to live by this...Hakuna Matata...this next year! LOL!
I love it that she still likes things like this! 
CUTE!
Jack was very, very excited about Forky! 
MJMJ, signing off from Disneyland...
Goodnight, Disneyland...until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment