We finished our time in Florida with Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure on Sunday. I'm still a Disney fan forever, but Universal is winning me over! We had the best time! Of course Mackenzie was very happy to be in the world of Harry Potter again!
I will let the pictures speak for themselves for the most part, but here are some of my favorite memories from this day:
* Riding the new Hagrid's motorbike rollercoaster with Mackenzie at the end of the night...it was crazy fun!
* Laughing 'til I cried over Kayla's typo text!
* Riding the Dinosaur river ride---didn't I say I would never ride that again?!
* Getting donuts with Kayla & Vicki before the girls got there. Yum!
* The girls' impromptu dance party in the street with some Universal dancers.
* Spending time with Kayla -- have I mentioned how happy I am that we got to do this together?!
* Finding the Slytherin sweater in Diagon Alley that Mackenzie has been wanting forever! By the way--I love that she wore her sweater and scarf and took her wand! She is her own person, not afraid to be herself & I love that about her! Mackenzie Sears also loves HP, so she took had her wand too...so Mackenzie wasn't all alone in this! =0)
I enjoyed this trip with Mackenzie so much...very thankful that Brian stayed home with Madi and the boys, so I was able to go! I already can't wait for next year & I'm really hoping both girls will there!
Don't let that sweet smile fool you--she's a Slytherin just like her Momma!
I laughed til I cried, seriously! Funniest thing EVER. What made it so hilarious was that Kayla was sitting right next to me when she sent this and she said "oh wait, that's a typo. I'm glad I didn't say anything bad." She saw the first part that was supposed to say "Candace and I" and didn't realize it put a different word (it was supposed to say bench...hahahaha). I just sat there like uhhhhhh....keep reading. It took about 3 seconds for her to realize & we died. Tears were actually streaming down my face! One of my favorite memories from this whole trip.
Always makes me think of my Grandma Jean and our very first trip to Universal when I was 12.
This is what tired looks like!
Hagrid's was AMAZING!! And Terrifying! We finished the night with this ride, and it was well worth the hour and a half wait.
Me: Oh, nonononono!
Mackenzie: Best ride everrrr!!
This was Monday's schedule...yes, they had to get up and be ready to leave by 4:00 AM...yikes!! After 3 days of competition and a very long theme park day and late night, this was a brutal wake up! Thankfully, Kayla and I had a later flight, so we didn't have to wake up so early!
I laughed at the reminder to "be to school at regular time tomorrow." No rest for the weary! Haha!










































































No comments:
Post a Comment