Saturday, January 7, 2023

Competition Day Two

Saturday was a very big, busy day! The girls did their Game Day routine again in the morning, and the All Music routine again in the afternoon. Once again, I was very nervous, and once again, they nailed it both times! After the Game Day competition, we gathered outside to do our Parents' Cheer for the girls. I said it before, but this was very out of my comfort zone. I got to experience what its like to wear CRU's helmet, and let me just say---it. is. HOT. And so claustrophobic in there! I seriously do not know how Mackenzie runs and jumps and does the whole Game Day routine for 3 minutes with that thing on! The parents' cheer was fun, and the girls loved it, but I was sooooo relieved when it was over! We had lunch after the parents' cheer and the girls got ready for All Music again. I am excited about the thought of Mackenzie cheering next year, because she would get to be in both routines! And fingers crossed, Madi will be cheering too, so it will be double the fun!! (And money--eek!!) 
Our team was one of the last to go for All Music, and then it was almost time for the final awards ceremony.
Here is the end of the routine day two...they asked us not to video, so we would cheer louder, but I couldn't stand it and had to video at least the fight song part!
Parent Cheer time!
(Plus some random weirdo's dressed like alligators who asked to be a part of the cheer--very strange, but whatever!)
I think I'll leave the mascot'ing up to Mackenzie! 
The things we do for our kids...
The "infamous" Parents Cheer!
I know it felt a little awkward for Mackenzie to not be a part of the All Music routine, but she was a good sport about it.
Cute, cute braids!
Right before the awards ceremony started, a special needs group came on and did a cheer. It was the most amazing, sweetest thing ever, and it made me cry. So Precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment