Nationals wrapped up on a very exciting note, by winning 1st in All Music, 2nd in Game Day, and overall GRAND CHAMPIONS! It was so exciting and fun! They announced the Game Day awards first, and when we got 2nd it was for sure a little disappointing for Mackenzie, since that was the only routine she was in. (We were competing against more teams in Game Day, and the team that won 1st also had boys, which was a definite advantage for them.) We were ahead on day one, and it was extremely close on day two...I think everyone was very surprised that we didn't get 1st, but it is what it is. Winning Grand Champions definitely made up for that though! That just means that we had the highest score overall, in both categories combined...yea!!
I loved that Mackenzie got to be a part of this awesome team & celebrate this big win with them! The girls got Grand Champ jackets and we took a ton of pics. I'm pretty sure she will get a Grand Champ ring too! Then we headed to the pool, because the girls said they would jump in if they won Grand Champ! So fun!! (And cold!) After a quick change into dry clothes, we headed to CityWalk for dinner at Cowfish. (I think it was nearing 10:00 at this point...yawn!) Mackenzie was very excited about Cowfish...burgers and sushi...her two favorite foods! We had a big open space on the top floor all to ourselves, and it was so fun. And delicious! (But there were so many of us, and it took forever.) By the time we got back to the hotel, it was nearing 1:00 AM, and we were all (happily) exhausted.
I know that this was a night Mackenzie will never forget! Probably one of her all time favorite memories from her High School years. I know I will never forget it!
This night made all the money, all the hard work, all the stress, all the effort...so worth it!
GRAND CHAMPIONS
2nd Place in Game Day was definitely a little disappointing...
But winning Grand Champion definitely made up for it!!
I love this!!
Such a fun moment!
Definitely a moment these girls will never forget!
They usually go to HardRock Cafe, but they wouldn't take reservations, so we went to Cowfish instead.
Yum!
So pretty!!
Also--this is how I felt at the end of this night! LOL





































































No comments:
Post a Comment