Friday, January 6, 2023

Nationals Dinner Gala

The girls had a fancy Awards & Dinner Gala on Friday evening at the resort. Mackenzie looked so beautiful & happy! I will always remember this as the night she decided to be a cheerleader! Lori and Emma came up to her during pictures and told her they wanted her to be the mascot for Game Day, but also be a cheerleader next year. It took a while after nationals for her to actually decide for sure, but this is where it first became a thing! Our girls all looked beautiful, in their CHA dress-code-approved dresses. I was a little shocked by some of the other teams' formal wear! A lot of parents went out to dinner once the girls were off, but Kayla and I decided to stay and eat at the resort. This would be a good time to say, Nationals was FUN...but it was also A. LOT. We are both kind of introverts, so a quiet dinner and retreating to our room was good for us! =0) When the other parents came back, we practiced the Parents' Cheer. That was way out of my comfort zone, but it was fun! 
I love her so much! I'm so glad I was able to experience this with her! 
These are the special times, 
Times we remember,
These are the precious times,
The tender times,
We'll hold in our hearts forever.
Sophomore Girls!
With their Moms!

Lori and Emma have been so wonderful to Mackenzie this year!
Macey has been so sweet to Mackenzie this year. I am so sad that she is a Senior and this is the only year we get to do this together. 
Gorgeous!
We have both been sad that we don't get to go to church together anymore, so getting to spend time together on this trip was a gift!
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment