Friday, September 9, 2022

Jonah's Birthday Campout

Jonah wanted to have a campout party in GMa's backyard with his friends this year! I'm always hesitant to post friend party pics on social media, because I never want to hurt anyone's feelings. We would have loved to invite all of the 4th grade boys, but it just wasn't possible this time. (See the fishing on the dock pic and you will see why!) These boys had a blast...from swimming, Nerf battles, fishing, roasting hot dogs & making s'mores, and finally watching a movie under the stars & sleeping in a tent...I think we made Jonah's 10 year old birthday dreams come true! 
A few things I learned from this experience:
1. Boys eat A LOT!
2. 6 boys with fishing poles in close proximity is not a good idea. (One hook in the finger & several other close calls later...)
3. I underestimated how crazy it would be putting worms on hooks--thank God for GMa! (I don't touch worms. Ever.)
4. Make sure the plug is in the paddle boat before letting the boys get in. #almostadisaster
5. 10 year old boys say whatever pops in their head--no filter. This can be good or bad! 
6. I am so thankful for our kids friends! I hope these boys are friends for life! 
7. This party ended up being a lot more work than I thought it would be...especially for Brian! He's the best Dad! Jonah's happiness made every bit of effort worth it though.
I made this "cake" and I love how it turned out. So fast and easy!
Jonah really just wanted zebra cakes for his birthday!
We had lots of campout snacks!
I took the boys after school, grabbed some pizza and we went to Leslie's to swim for a few hours. It was so hot outside, so this worked out perfectly. It also gave Brian some extra time to get everything set up over at GMa's house.
Time to camp!
First things first, Nerf battle! These were the 3 teams.
This picture for sure needs to be in their senior slideshow!
How cute is this picture?!
Jack was right in the middle of the Nerf battle! He thinks he's just as big as everyone else!
This lasted all of about 30 seconds, before it started filling with water. Turns out putting the plug in is important, after all! Thankfully we got the boys out before it became a big problem!
Let's fish!!
When I look at this picture the first word that comes to mind is DANGER. =0) That is a lot of hooks flying around in a very small area. Poor Barrett got hooked in the thumb.
What would we do without GMa?!
Hot dog time!
We couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!
Cason's card for Jonah was awesome! =0)))
Brian set up this big movie screen that he used at Falls Creek. The boys watched the Skit Guys movie, Family Camp. It really was the perfect campout movie for them to watch!
Isaiah and Barrett couldn't spend the night, because they had a track meet early the next morning. The other 4 were all tucked in and ready for a good nights sleep in their tent.
Maybe we should have taken a picture earlier in the night, before we looked like...this! =0) 
Brian worked so hard to make this a special night for Jonah, and I love him for it! He slept in the small tent beside the boys & I headed to the house to sleep in the air conditioning! Needless to say, we were both exhausted at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment