The first day of September started out rough for Jack. I went to lunch with Angela at Panera and he was asleep, so I put him in the stroller and took him in. He slept through about half of our lunch & when he woke up, he was shaking, acting very lethargic, and was kind of limp. He couldn't really form words & he was very out of it. It just wasn't normal and it scared me bad enough that I left lunch and took him to the emergency room. Hindsight, I probably just should have taken him to urgent care, because he was completely fine and that cost us over $600, but what can you do?! I was afraid he was having some kind of seizure activity and I learned from Madi's whole bike ordeal that you can never be too cautious. Brian met us at the emergency room & the doctor checked him over real good. When we first got there, he was still kind of out of it, but by the time we left he was acting completely normal. They decided to do bloodwork just to make sure nothing showed up, but they couldn't get enough blood without putting an iv port in. The only way I can describe that process was traumatizing...mostly for Jack, but also for me and Brian. It was awful. The doctor in the ER told us that since this was an isolated event and his bloodwork was normal, we could just follow up with our pediatrician. And of course watch Jack and bring him back if it happened again. Thankfully, it hasn't happened again. I probably overreacted, but I'm still glad we had him checked out, and I'm so thankful he wasn't having a seizure.
Oh my heart...those tiny fingers!
"It hurts"
He had his dinosaurs to keep him entertained.
Clearly feeling better, while we waited to be released!
I was so happy to see this smile by the time we left.














No comments:
Post a Comment