Friday, January 14, 2022

The Galleria in Dallas

We left Friday morning and drove to Dallas to get ready for Madi's cheer competition. I'm so glad that GMa came with us again this year! Brian thought about coming, but this was the weekend before YEC (which ended up being cancelled due to covid protocols) and he was also not feeling well at all. Mackenzie also really needed to be at school on Friday, after missing several days for covid, so it worked out for him to stay home with her. The only thing that I hate is that after spending the weekend with us, GMa got sick and tested positive for covid the next week. (Madi and I never tested positive, which is why we even went to Dallas in the first place.)
Everyone met at the Galleria around lunchtime and we spent a few hours eating and shopping there, before heading to the hotel. Madi went to the food court and ate lunch with a bunch of the girls, but her stomach started hurting and she met back up with us. I think she was feeling very nervous about the competition, on top of already not feeling great. We spent most of our time in Build-a-Bear, first with the two boys, and then again with Madi once she was with us. I've gotta just say, while most of the other girls were shopping in American Eagle and Francesca's, it made my heart happy that Madi still wanted to go in Build-a-Bear. This was Jack's first time to make a Build-a-Bear and he was so cute and excited about it. We picked out a bear that matches his hair! It doesn't matter how many times we've been to Build-a-Bear, it is cute every time. I thought our days of Build-a-Bear were a thing of the past, but apparently these kids don't think so! I also took Madi into a nail salon to get the gel polish off of her fingernails, because she wasn't really supposed to have it on for the competition. When we finished at the mall, we went to the Renaissance and checked in. The view of downtown Dallas from our room is beautiful! The girls practiced their routines after getting settled, and then it was time for us to go to Medieval Times.
Jonah is always talking about macarons, but I think this was his first time to actually try them. I will just say that they are much prettier than they taste.
Cutest. Ever.
We picked this blonde bear to match Jack's hair! 
Such a good bro to hang out at sisters cheer competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment