Madi cheered for 3 or 4 basketball games during January. This was the end of cheer season for the year, which I am both happy and sad about.
My favorite cheer memory ever is this:
After the girls cheered tonight, a boy from the other team walked up to Madison and handed her some quarters...he said "Do you have a tip jar? Cause that was awesome!" LOL! Kids are so funny! Brian and I watched this whole thing happen, which made it even better. Hahaha! When Madi walked up to us and told us exactly what he said, we all got a good laugh! She handed the quarters to me and said "will you hold these? I want to keep them." She may keep those quarters forever! It was probably just a silly dare from his friends, but this boy had no clue that he approached the shyest girl in the entire school. I love so much that he chose Madi to say this to. The smile on her face was priceless & she was a little sassier during the second half of the game. =0) This pick up line is almost as good as the time a boy asked me if I had a library card, cause he was checking me out, at Frontier City when I was a teenager. =0)
As I'm sitting here typing this, Madi has decided not to do cheer next year. It makes me very sad, looking at these pics. But I trust her instinct and decision to do the right thing. Her plan is to just take a year off & then go back to cheer in 9th grade for High School with Lori as the coach. (Lori isn't coaching Jr High next year.) We will see what happens...I sure hope this isn't the end of her cheerleading days!
Go Crusaders!!
Poppa & Louise are always so good to support and watch our kids in whatever they are doing!

No comments:
Post a Comment