Well here we go again...have I mentioned how much I really hate covid?! 2022 did not get off to a great start for us. Mackenzie tested positive on Friday, Jonah tested positive on Monday, Brian & Madi both felt sick on Monday but tested negative, Jack started feeling awful on Tuesday, and just so I wouldn't be left out, I started feeling sick the following Friday and Saturday at Madi's cheer competition. I never tested positive, so I'm not sure what I had. We didn't test Jack, because his Pediatrician said if others in the house have it, we can just assume that he has it too. I was worried about Madi during all of this, because she had a cheer competition at the end of the week in Dallas. If she were to test positive & not be able to do her part, the entire team may not have been able to compete. I kept her home one day, but since she tested negative, she went to school the rest of the week even though she didn't feel very good. If not for the cheer competition, she probably would have been home most of the week with Jonah and Mackenzie, but she couldn't miss practice. She was very tough and managed to push through. Thankfully Mackenzie and Jonah never really felt all that awful. I guess if we have to get it, its better for everyone to get sick at the same time and get it over with?! Mackenzie was a little stressed about missing a few play practices, but I was actually relieved that she got covid now instead of closer to or during the performance. Brian ended up testing positive at the end of the week, which would have been a big problem with YEC being on Sunday/Monday, but it was cancelled because of the rising covid cases in our state. This was a crazy few weeks for our family, and I'm really glad that's over.
Jack was the only one cute enough to have his picture taken while he was sick. Oh my sweet little red-cheeked baby! I hate it so bad when my babies are sick.

No comments:
Post a Comment