Friday, June 14, 2019

The Amazing Grace Race Program

After a fun week of SMAK, we wrapped things up on Friday evening with the performance of "The Amazing Grace Race." Madison had a solo, and was extremely nervous right before the program began. I almost lost my cool when they tried to add additional lines to her solo, right before the program started, because one of the other kids didn't show up. That was very similar to what happened last year, which confused the kids and ultimately completely messed Madison's solo up. Right as the program was about to start, I had to tell Maryann that Madison would be singing ONLY the solo she had been assigned. Madison was in tears, in a complete panic and it was very stressful...but when it was time for her to sing her solo, she did it PERFECTLY! She has the sweetest little voice & I have such a soft spot in my heart for how nervous she gets, because I was just like that when I would sing at her age. I was SO PROUD of her!! 
Mackenzie also had a solo, in a song with Kinley, which they weren't at all excited about...but it was a lesson in how things don't always go the way we want them to, and we have to make the best of a bad situation. Mackenzie was coming down with a little cold & her voice kept cracking during her solo. She was a little embarrassed by it, but she still sounded beautiful & I was very proud of her too! I wish her last year of SMAK would have been a better experience for her, as far as getting a speaking part like she wanted, but that's okay. 
After the program, we went to Freddy's and then headed back to Edmond for the weekend before going back to FC for week 3. Summer is in full swing! 
Mackenzie's Solo 

Madison's solo 
Sure do love these pretty girls! 
We didn't get very good seats, so Wendi video'd the girls solo's for me from up close!

Thankful for Maryann's leadership in the SMAK ministry! 
I love how these pictures capture their personalities perfectly! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment