Thursday, April 19, 2012

Zoo Field Trip

Mackenzie's ELP class got to go on a field trip to the Zoo & she was SO excited about it! Even though I wasn't feeling great, (this pregnancy has just been fabulous!) I wasn't about to miss out on this fun day. I was planning to just go for an hour or so, but Mackenzie kept begging me to stay, so I ended up staying the entire time & then taking her home from the zoo, instead of going back to the church. It was fun to watch her with her friends, and a little sad to think that they aren't going to be together in school after this year. One of Mackenzie's friends at a camera & was taking pictures of animals, so Mackenzie kept asking if she could take pictures of animals with my phone. We ended up with quite a few pictures that didn't make the cut, but she had fun anyway! She loved the baby goats in the petting zoo area, and the penguins were fun to watch too. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day, but it got HOT...oh, boy...it's going to be a LONG summer for me! We were both exhausted by the time we got home. 
The Three Amigos! Mackenzie, Bella & Josie
Silly Monkeys!
Mackenzie has always really liked Aiden! On the way home from the zoo, she said, "Mommy, guess who I'm going to marry someday!" I responded, "Who?" and she said, "Aiden!" with this cute little grin on her face! Then she said, "Isn't he pretty?!" SO funny! She's got good taste...he is very cute! But I did tell her we didn't need to be planning a wedding just yet. =0) 
Not long after that, we were having another conversation & I asked Mack why she liked boys...she said, "I like to chase them!" Brian was with us & he just shook his head and said, "This isn't going to be good!" I think we have a little boy-crazy girl on our hands.
Ms. Anne has been such a wonderful teacher this year!
Ms. Janis's favorite...giraffes!
Here are some of Mackenzie's pictures:
The last thing we did was ride the train back to the zoo entrance. (I was GLAD we didn't have to walk all the way back!)
Fun times with my sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment