Monday, April 30, 2012

Regent Preparatory School

We have prayed and prayed about what to do with Mackenzie for Kindergarten. It is so hard for me to believe it is already time to make that decision...wasn't she born just yesterday?! We have enjoyed ELP so much these past two years, and it's hard to imagine her going anywhere else. We have talked a lot about our options: Homeschooling, Public School, or private school at Regent. My biggest concern with Homeschooling this year is that the new baby will be here right as the school year starts, and I'm not sure I can handle that. I don't want to have a bad experience due to that, and I just don't feel like that is the right choice for now. On the other hand, I can't begin to imagine sending her to public school at Jenks West, 5 days a week, all day. The thought makes me feel a little sick, actually. I just can't do it. The third option is to do Kindergarten at Regent Preparatory School, which is what we have decided to do. In the beginning, we really didn't know if this would be a possibility due to finances, but God opened some doors for us, and we are very excited and thankful to say that Mackenzie will be in the Enrichment III program (Kindergarten) at Regent next year. I have such a peace about this decision! There are so many wonderful families in our church that attend Regent, so she will have many friends there. She will go on Tuesdays/Thursdays, the same days that Madison will be at ELP, and she will be at home with me the other days of the week. When trying to decide if we should spend the money to do this, I finally came to the conclusion that not only were we paying for a great year of education for Mack, but we were also "buying" three days a week with her. I can't think of anything I would rather spend money on! I would love to say that we are planning to put our kids through all of their school years at Regent, but that is just not a financial possibility. After this year, we will probably give Homeschooling a try. I think if I didn't at least try it, I would always wonder if I should have. We will continue to pray, seek, and trust the Lord for his will in this area of our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment