Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Youth Lake Trip

We went home on Saturday, the day Brian came home from World Changers. Then, on Wednesday we did a Lake Trip to Lake Eufaula with the teenagers. Then, on Thursday Brian left for Brazil. Crazy, I know! It kinda felt like we barely even got to see Brian between trips this time. It's okay though...all for glory of God! The girls had fun playing with Rhiley & Abby at the lake this year. It was so hot that we really only played in the pool for a little while, and then stayed inside the rest of the day. They had a great time playing in our room on the bunkbeds Grandma Baldwin built. They thought it was great fun to have a little picnic up there with the play dishes & real food. The only problem with that was that I didn't realize Madison didn't like Skittles...I gave them each little bowls of m&m's and Skittles mixed, and when I got them down, I found several bitten-into Skittles that had been discarded by Madison laying all over the bed. The sheets were multi-colored by the time it was all over! It was great to see Grandma & Grandpa Baldwin for the day too. We are so busy & gone so much in the summer, that we don't make it down to the lake very often. We're really looking forward to going on vacation with them in a few weeks!

I have to tell on myself...driving home from the lake, I got pulled over for going 76 in a 65 mph zone...OOPS! The nice policeman very kindly just wrote me a warning...(thank you, God!) And yes, I will be slowing down now. =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment