Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hearts From Daddy

Summertime is very, very busy for us. Sometimes I wish it would just slow down, but then I would probably be bored, sitting at home all of the time. Brian is gone for several weeks during the summer, and he really misses his girls (and we miss him!). I have noticed this summer especially, that Mackenzie is very aware of his absence, and says she misses him a lot. I'm not sure where he came up with the idea to draw hearts on their hands with permanent markers, but they love it & look forward to it every night before he leaves on a trip. Even though they wash off within a day or two, it is a sweet reminder that their Daddy loves them when they think of the hearts he drew on their little hands. This was right before Brian left for World Changers in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. He left on a Saturday and the girls and I were home on our own until Monday when we went to Newcastle...I really don't like staying at home without Brian. I won't lie...I always kind of look forward to the first day of school, because that means Brian is back home to stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment