Monday, May 30, 2011

CITY Museum

On Thursday, we had to change our plans a little due to rainy weather. We were planning on going to Grant's Farm, but ended up at CITY Museum, which was highly recommended to us by the sweet lady who served us breakfast at our hotel. I have never seen anything like it...it was kind of like a science or children's museum, but there were wierd things to climb on, huge slides, ball pits, a circus, an art room, a miniature train (which completely traumatized Madison), a 10 story slide inside a cave, a life-size whale to play in...it was incredible! The only downfall was that there were probably 500 Middle School kids there on field trips. They even warned us about it before we paid to go in, but we decided to give it a shot anyway. It was a little overwhelming, but we still had a great time. There is really no way to describe the outside area, except to say that there were all kinds of wierd things to climb up, on, through, around...and it was all really high up in the air. I was SO proud of Mackenzie! She was so brave! She and Brian went all over that thing. Madison and I made an attempt, but it didn't turn out so great...she cried the entire time, and I felt like crying the whole time. I am very afraid of heights, and it was even harder for me because I was carrying Madison. So, as soon as we could get down, we did and we found things to do inside while Brian and Mackenzie played outside! I know this is something Mackenzie & Brian will remember doing together for a long time! I think Madison could feel my fear, and that made her cry even more. I am smiling on the outside, but not so much on the inside!
This picture seriously cracks me up...the look on my face is like, "HURRY UP & take the picture so I can freakin' get DOWN from here!"
Brian took these pic's of Mackenzie climbing through a tunnel for me with his phone. I love him! He even "interviewed" her! (See the video below.)



That little pink blob you see through the red ladder thing is Mackenzie...this made me nervous just watching them! There were several "human slinkies" on the inside of CITY Museum too. I think I'm a little too claustrophobic to do that! "Mommy, take my picture!"Then Madison decided she wanted in the picture too! =0)Okay, this was a "bad mommy" moment...They had this cute little train & I really thought Madison would be okay once it got going...but she wasn't! She cried and reached for me the entire time. After the third time it went around, I had to ask the man to stop the train so I could get her off. Poor little thing! I never meant to traumatize her so bad. I'm just glad she didn't try to jump out herself while it was still going around.Mackenzie tried to hold her hands, but she didn't want that either. She just wanted OFF! The ball pit was a lot of fun!The girls LOVED this snake slide! They did it over and over... They loved painting & playing with clay. When Mackenzie was playing with her clay she said, "Look, Mommy...it's a tomb, like Jesus was in." It was totally out of the blue. It makes me realize how much she is starting to think about that and understand what it really means. Mackenzie had a kitty cat painted on her face.
Madison got a ladybug. She sat very still!
She was sooo proud of it! (Mack also got a little mouse!) Daddy went and got us some popcorn & cotton candy for the "circus!"There were so many fun slides! Here is a video of Mackenzie & Daddy on one of them. Mackenzie also went down the 10 story spiral slide all by herself! She was planning on going with Brian but they wouldn't let them go together.

We will definitely have to come back here some day when the girls are older! (And when I get braver!)

No comments:

Post a Comment