Saturday, March 19, 2022

Jesus Loves Jack

Jack Brian Baldwin is a HANDFUL!!! Hahaha! The closer he gets to 2, the busier he gets! It's been a while since I've had a toddler, so maybe this is just normal and I've forgotten?!
It's a good thing he's so stinkin' cute!! 

Today was a hard day with Jack. He is 20 months old (BUSY) and I will just say that I'm feeling my age...and well, I spent much of today frustrated. Everything is just a little harder right now, with a toddler. This is a season of life I thought we were past, and although I LOVE this baby more than anything, and I can't imagine life without him, I. AM. TIRED. Physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually...just drained right now. 
But isn't God so good to just meet us right where we are? 
I rock Jack and sing to him every night, but most nights I sing Hush Little Baby or a few other praise songs. I am embarrassed to even admit that I haven't really taught "Jesus Loves Me" to him very much. But tonight when I started singing it, I was shocked when he joined right in. The third time through, I grabbed my phone to record it because it was so, so sweet. 
"Little ones to him belong, they are weak, but he is strong...Yes, Jesus loves me...Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me, the Bible tells me so."
This right here makes every second of being tired worth it. And it makes me want to wake up and do it all over again tomorrow, with a better attitude than I had today!
I hope you're as blessed as I was by his sweet little voice. And friends, in case you need to hear it today like I did...Jesus loves you!
And I am so thankful, that even at just 20 months old, Jack is already learning that Jesus loves him!
Jesus Loves Me This I Know
Sweetest video EVER
Daddy's got some big shoes to fill!
We were upstairs saying prayers at bedtime in the playroom and Jack went missing...this is where I found him! Hahaha! He was ready to sleep in Bubba's bed!
It won't be long and they will be roommates!
Jack LOVES Encanto!
His singing and dancing is too much! 
Jonah is singing backup in this one...so funny!!
Mack's turn to sing about Bruno with Jack!
I've started leaving the baby gate off some, to try and get Jack used to going up and down the stairs. As much as it scares me, I want him to learn. how to do it instead of just tumbling down. He pretty much thinks that upstairs is as good as Disney World!
Bringing back the "mixture"!! aka anything we have in the pantry, all mixed together!
In case you ever wonder where Jack gets his adventurous side...no doubt who to blame!
Just swinging and playing in the backyard on a beautiful spring day!
Oh my heart! I know that I'm going to blink a few times and it really will be time for him to put on a backpack and go to school. Soaking up every minute with him, even the hard ones!
Seriously, cutest kid ever!
He literally did a flip from this position off of the ottoman and landed on his feet. 
When we say "time to say prayers, Jack!" He assumes this position!
Jack loves playing on the trampoline so much!
Pop Up books are the best! Sometimes they mysteriously get ripped up though...hmm??
Poor buddy was running a low fever and not feeling very well...that meant lots of cuddles with Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment