Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Don't Miss the Big Picture

Wow, isn't that so true. Something I really dislike about myself is that I am a glass half empty person. It's something I have to really fight against. Sometimes I just need to shift my focus back to what is really important. Instead of complaining about cleaning the house constantly, what if I just thanked God for the provision to have a safe place to live? Instead of grumbling about the 10 loads of laundry piling up in the laundry room, I should just be so thankful that we have clothes to wear. And that I have people that I love to do laundry for. When I become discontent with my old van and my not so nice couch, instead of looking at what I don't have, what if my first thought was "We may not have the nicest, fanciest things, but I am so grateful that I get to stay at home with my babies. Maybe that couch isn't so important after all." 
I don't want to miss the Big Picture of how wonderful my life is, because of all of the petty little things I let cloud my vision. 
I won't let the devil steal my joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment