Friday, October 16, 2020

Date Night...Say What?!

After far, far too long, we finally got to go out for dinner tonight while the (big) kids were at G-Ma’s house! Of course, our littlest sidekick went along with us, but he was very good and slept literally the entire time we were gone! (Which was great, except that then he didn’t want to go to sleep at bedtime.) We didn’t really have a plan, but we ended up at a restaurant called Barrios and we ate out on the patio. The weather was perfect and the food was really good! My fish tacos were the most colorful food I think I’ve ever eaten. ;0) After dinner we went down to Scissortail Park and walked around for a while. My friend Kelly was there selling earrings, so I definitely needed a new pair! Finally, we drove over to the Ferris wheel and OKC sign and took a few pics. We didn’t ride the Ferris wheel because it was a little chilly and it was getting late (like 7:45 😂) and we were tired and ready to go home. 
This season of life hasn’t been the easiest for our marriage. I think we have fought more in the last 6 months than in the last 6 years. 
Pregnancy + Quarantine + Postpartum + New Baby + Stress + 2 Different perspectives on things = Hard. 
Just being honest. 
But I love Brian with my whole heart, in the best of times and in the hardest of times too! 
My FB caption was 
 It’s been a longggg time since we had a night out on the town! And by “night” I mean from 5:00-7:30 because we are tired and old and have a baby! (Who is also with us on our date!)
I love you Brian Baldwin & I love our life, crazy as it sometimes is!”
Queso Fundido...YUM!!
I now know what capers are...those little black things that are some kind of little flower bud. They actually tasted really good! 
Jack was such a good boy!! He loves being outside!
 
This time last year we were taking pictures in NYC...this wasn’t quite as exciting, but I still love our city!

No comments:

Post a Comment