Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Covid Strikes Again

On Tuesday morning, Brian didn't feel well so he went to get a Covid test...sure enough, it was positive. So this was round 2 of Covid for us. (Duh-Duh-Duh) Somehow we all managed to stay well when Mackenzie had it about a month prior to this. I say "us" even though I didn't have covid, because trust me...when one person in your household has it, it affects EVERYONE living there. When he called and told me he tested positive, I kind of went into panic mode. It's easy now, after the fact, when I know that everything turned out okay, to forget what it felt like in that moment. People were dying every day from Covid...not just elderly people...and it was scary to me. We started to have Brian stay at a hotel or at Rex's house in the city, because we just couldn't make our kids quarantine for another 14 days from school. Our doctor said as long as Brian was quarantined away from them, they could still go to school. Ultimately, we decided it would be easiest for the kids and I to stay downstairs and for Brian to stay upstairs and not come down at all. That way I wouldn't have to be at the house with the kids by myself, without him for two weeks. It just gave me peace of mind, knowing that he was there with us. We moved his Keurig up to Mackenzie's room & delivered 3 meals a day up the stairs. Thankfully, his symptoms weren't too bad. He didn't feel very good for a few days, kind of like having the flu, but that was about it. I disinfected the entire house & the kids camped out in our bedroom at night. Somehow they managed to sleep through Jack's middle of the night wake-ups.
I always appreciate Brian and all he does for our family...but when something like this happens & he wasn't able to help at all for 10 days...well, that's when you really notice how much he does for us. Taking the kids to school in the mornings alone is something that he usually does, that I take for granted. Having a baby just makes everything a little harder...and, having a baby + 3 big kids + a husband with Covid = STRESS. But hey...WE MADE IT! 
We were all so happy to see that Negative on his test results 10 days later! 

** I jokingly said "Um, I want to quarantine in a room by myself for 14 days...have 3 meals a day delivered to me, sleep as long and as much as I want to, lay in bed and watch movies and read, not have to worry about anyone other than myself...obviously, I wouldn't wish covid upon myself or anyone else, but to an exhausted mom with 4 kids, you've gotta admit that being shut in a room by myself sounds enticing.
Jack helped me clean! 
Madison's princess pallet! =0) 
One of our neighbors across the street sent Brian some get-well flowers. =0) Very nice! 

Nikki and Emma brought us this amazing dinner one night...such a blessing!! 
We FaceTime'd Daddy to keep him company. I know that being stuck up in Mackenzie's room got a little claustrophobic for him at times. 
We were so happy to see that "negative" 10 days later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment