Madison is having a great time playing basketball! She has made a couple of baskets, which is SO exciting! She's not very aggressive and gets nervous when the ball comes to her, but she's working on it and is gradually improving. She is #33! She always gets nervous before games and says her tummy hurts and she doesn't want to play basketball, but then once the game is over, she is always glad she did it. Reminds me of someone else I know...ME!! I loved basketball practice, but hated the games because they made me so nervous. She's my mini-me!
Madison did SO GOOD at her second game! She was way more aggressive and she SCORED HER FIRST BASKET!!! YEA!!! I almost cried! I didn't get it on video, but we were sitting right under the goal where it went in and I will NEVER forget the way she turned her little face right to us to make sure we had seen it! She almost had this look on her face like, "did that really just go in?!" Madison is a great little ball player...we just need her to build confidence...and today was a big step in that direction for her! Daddy told her he would give her $1 every time she shoots the ball, whether it goes in or not, and for every foul she gets. Maybe that will teach her to be more aggressive! Ha!
The basketball season is really long...they started playing games in November and the season doesn't end until mid-February. I'm so thankful that Madison doesn't have week night practices, but instead gets to practice during PE at school!
The girls do this cute little chant at the end of their games.
2 thumbs up for scoring her first basket during a game!!! YEA!!
Dec 8th Game:
Dec 15th Game:





No comments:
Post a Comment