Thursday, December 13, 2018

CHA Christmas Program

The Christmas program at CHA is a big deal! I'm so glad we got to be a part of it this year, while Madison is in 4th grade, because the 4th graders have a special part in the program. They get to dress up and tell the story of Jesus' birth, and they are each required to have a speaking part. You can imagine that Madison wasn't thrilled about this at first! They got to choose if they wanted a small, medium or large part...of course she chose small! She only had one line, that was 4 words long and she nailed it!! "Tell us more, Hurry!" We couldn't have been prouder of her, and she looked so sweet in her costume! Madison also got to do sign language at the beginning of the program, as all of the students entered. 
Jonah sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus," which always makes me cry, and "Away in a Manger," which is another of my all time favorite Christmas songs. It was very sweet & he looked so handsome in his new Christmas suit!
Mackenzie's grade sang a song called "Rejoice, O Joy of Heaven is He," and she got to be part of an ensemble. It was beautiful & she looked so pretty in her new red dress. I totally procrastinated on getting clothes for the kids to wear for this program, until that very day...while they were at school, I bought 4 different dresses and prayed that one of them would work! Thankfully, this one did...even though Mackenzie didn't really love it all that much. 
Brian even got to be a part of the program too! They asked him to give a brief Gospel presentation and say the closing prayer at the end. He was very glad to have that opportunity, but this was an extremely hard day for his family and it ended up being a very difficult thing for him to do that night.  I'm not going to write the details of what was going on yet, but maybe I will at some point. I just can't look at these pictures & write about this night, without acknowledging and mentioning that there was a heaviness hanging over us at the time.
We loved the program so very much, but we were mentally, emotionally and physically drained by the time we fell into bed that night. 
G-Ma, Poppa & Louise, Connie, Grandma Baldwin, Uncle Danny & Aunt Amy, and me & Daddy were all there to watch the kids' program! They had quite the fan club!
Mrs. Newton was fixing Madison's microphone! 
I had to include this picture...a week or so before the program, one of the maintenance guys fell through the ceiling of the auditorium...it is an absolute miracle that he is alive and not paralyzed. I could not believe it when I saw the hole and how far he actually fell. 
They had the sweetest surprise at the end of Happy Birthday, Jesus...they pulled out candles that even had little flames! 
Brian wasn't feeling well at all during the program, but when it was time to get up and do his thing, he pulled it together and did a great job. I'm so proud of him! 
Grandma Baldwin & Danny and Amy left as soon as the program ended, so we missed getting pics with them. 
Madison & Lizzie
Madison & Madelyn
That smile! 
Best Buds!
Miriam, Mackenzie, Jordan, Grace, Abigail & Daelyn
I'm so thankful for these girls who have befriended Mackenzie this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment