Mackenzie's class went on a field trip to Pleasant Valley, a one-room schoolhouse, out by Stillwater. I love it that they do field trips like this, instead of just going to the zoo or something. We left bright and early and got back right as school was over. This was an extra fun field trip because Connie and I got to go together. We got to wear our fancy dresses and everything...check out our beautiful pictures below! Mackenzie wore this yellow dress that Grandma Jean sewed for G-Ma to wear when she was around 10 years old...how special is that?! It got a little rip in it before the day was over, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. The kids got to experience what a school day would have looked like a hundred years ago, complete with a "school-marm" for their teacher! The funniest part of the day was when she had Mackenzie sit on a one-legged stool as a form of punishment. After sitting there for a while, Mackenzie bent down to pick something up and fell off, and the school-marm yelled at her very loudly. She was playing, of course, but the look on Mackenzie's face was priceless. Connie just happened to video'ing at the time and caught it on camera. So funny!! We packed an "authentic" lunch, wrapped in brown paper sacks...baked (rotisserie) chicken, loaf of bread, (not so) "homemade" blueberry muffins, apples and strawberries. It was pretty good!! I even packed Mackenzie some ketchup in a mason jar and we joked that I went and smashed up some tomatoes from my garden to make it. =0) This was also the same day that Brian started working in OKC, so I had to make arrangements for someone to help me with Jonah and Madison that morning. Thankfully, Tricia Davis & Melissa came to my rescue and it all worked out. This is a field trip that I definitely wouldn't have wanted to miss!
If they wanted to answer a question, they had to raise their hand and then stand once they were called on.
Reading from the McGuffy readers.
The Three Amigos
The kids were all assigned old-fashioned names that would have been relevant to that time...meet Martha & Katie...they were also apparently cousins, which was THE COOLEST thing ever! Mrs. English gave them the hook up by making these arrangements, I think!
Here we are, looking all beautiful!
And here we are with our serious, pioneer faces! LOL! We were having a hard time keeping a straight face, until we decided to just think about us moving away...then it was easy...but we just look mad!! So funny!!
After lunch it was time to play games!
"Annie, Annie, Over!"
You can see the little outhouse in the background.
Here's the stool episode...
Another form of punishment!
The boys and girls sat on opposite sides of the room.
This makes me laugh so hard!
Here is there "trying to keep a straight face" picture! LOL!
A few more pics and videos I took with my phone...
Mackenzie was thrilled about the outhouse!

No comments:
Post a Comment