Friday, March 11, 2016

Colonial Day

Today Madison had Colonial Day at school! She had worked and worked to memorize her line & learn the songs for the program. What made this day super special is that Madison wore the dress that I wore in 1st grade, and I wore the dress that my mom wore that matches it...and, my Grandma Jean made them both, which just makes my heart melt! I wish so, so badly she were here to see us in them! This was definitely a "smiling down from heaven" moment! Colonial Day is a busy day...it starts with a program, and then the kids rotate to different stations such as candle making, silhouettes, rag dolls, quilt squares (learned the hard way not to volunteer for that one with Mackenzie), pomander balls, jam making, calligraphy, story time, and playing Colonial games. It is really amazing & they learn so much! I was one of the designated Photographers for the day, which I loved. The day concludes with lunch, where the kids have to stand quietly behind their chairs for the first 5 minutes while their parents eat. Now, you wouldn't think that would be a big deal...but when Madison found this out, she melting into tears. She was TIRED & Hungry and did not want to stand up and be quiet! After her little melt-down, she recovered quickly. What a fun day, that I know she will always remember.
Here are a LOT of pictures from our morning!
I love how she put her little hand on my face...so precious! I love her soooo much!
Mackenzie helped her get ready...such a good big sister!
Grandma Baldwin saved the day and altered this dress so it would fit me...G-Ma was the size of a toothpick!


Posing for Daddy!
Ready for the program to start!
She was looking a little nervous and very serious as she waited her turn!
"The Watchman was called a Tithing Man. It was his job to make sure everyone paid attention."
Their little dance was so cute!
Madison & her friend, Nicole!
I was so glad Brian could be there too, so he could go around to all of the stations with Madison.
Making Rag Dolls. Madison named her doll "Charlotte."
Story Time
Silhouettes

Writing with a quill pen.
Of course she drew a puppy!
Making a pomander ball.
Making strawberry jam.

Deep concentration...
We love Mrs. Andrews!
Madison's Quilt Square.
Playing games.

Uh-Oh!
The perfect ending to this day for Madison was getting to see Katelyn on our way out!
Here are some more video's from the rotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment