Sunday, March 6, 2016

Madison's Puppy Paw-ty!

I know I say it all of the time, but it's just so hard to believe this sweet girl is already 7 years old...SEVEN! Of course Madison wanted a "Puppy Paw-ty" and made no secret of the fact that she thought she should get a REAL puppy since she was having a "puppy" themed party! If only it were that easy! We made sure she understood up front that wasn't going to happen, so she wouldn't be disappointed. It seemed like Madison's birthday kind of snuck up on me, with all that we've had going on in regards to our transition to OKC. To put it simply, I really wasn't in a party-throwing mood...but, I had to put that aside because celebrating our little girl was the most important thing!
Our family & friends came over on Sunday to celebrate with us & we even had a few guests of honor...Chloe & Bridgette! Of course we needed real dogs for this party! I had a few sad moments of realization that this would be our last birthday party in Tulsa, but I tried really hard not to dwell on that. Every child should have a piñata at their birthday party at least once...so I caved in when Madison BEGGED for this puppy piñata! The kids had a blast with it, and thankfully no one got hurt! Madison got lots of great gifts & most importantly she felt very loved and special! We had her party a week early, because Daddy left for Belize on her actual birthday, so she kind of had a whole week of celebrating her birthday.
The table turned out so, so cute! We already had a ton of puppy dog stuffed animals that made great decorations!
"Pup-Cakes!"
Making these little puppy dogs out of Reeses & fondant took longer than I thought it would. But it was worth it!
Jonah loves his Madi!
I was so excited when I found these puppy dog photo booth props!
Chloe even got a new dress to wear for the party!

Time for Daddy's birthday prayer...
"Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, dear Madison!
Happy Birthday, to you!"
We had "Pup-corn," "Fetch Sticks," "Puppy Chow," "Chew Sticks," and "Paw-tato Chips."
Pinata time!
Jonah really thought this was fun!!
Cole finished it off for us!
Present Time!!



Because we need a few more stuffed animals around here...(thanks G-Ma!)
Katelyn made Madison the sweetest message board.
Jonah & Olivia had fun playing in the backyard together!
Madison's birthday cards...
This card from Mackenzie really made me laugh!!

And last, here are some piñata video's:

No comments:

Post a Comment