Saturday, March 12, 2016

Madison's 7th Birthday Letter

Happy 7th Birthday, Madi Joy!!

You are the very definition of the word "sweet"...but at the same time, your name could be found under the definition of the word "mischevious" too! (For example: one of your favorite things to do these days is jump out and scream as loud as you can to scare your brother. I've also caught you in the bathroom sneaking to put makeup on several times too!) You are just so much fun to be around and I can't believe I've had the privilege of being your Momma for 7 years already! You are kind hearted, a giver, full of energy and imagination, a friend to many, compassionate, and funny. You have the best sense of humor and you're constantly making us laugh! You have grown up so much in the past year. Another thing you are is persistent...I'm pretty sure you haven't missed a single night of praying for a REAL puppy at bedtime in at least a month! That day is coming, once we get settled into a new house in OKC...I can't wait to see your face when we get that puppy! You are a Daddy's girl, but you are also fiercely protective and love your Momma a whole lot too! For example...if everyone is fighting over who gets to sit by G-Ma or Daddy, you are the first one to say "I want to sit by Mommy!" You have my whole heart...you always have and you always will! And you still like to give me "hand hugs" in the van, so that makes me happy! Sometimes I see a bit of what many would call the "Middle Child Syndrome" coming out in you...=0) (You're a really good pouter!) I hope you can always look back and know how precious and special we think you are! You are starting to ask about being baptized more and more...we have talked about it a lot, and it won't be long before you really understand what being a follower of Christ is really about...another day that I really look forward to! You are super smart and are reading and spelling so well...it's amazing how much you have learned in 1st grade this year. You love to color, do puzzles, play with Barbies, Calico Critters & Squinkies, play Minnie Mouse Bingo, and play outside. You and Mackenzie play together very well most of the time and I love to just sit and listen to the two of you. I'm so thankful that you have each other...built-in best friends! You are a wonderful big sister to Jonah too (unless you're scaring him) and you love playing "school" with him! Another one of your favorite things to do is play "Pony School." And yes...Pony is still your BFF and you still ask me to take care of her every day when you go to school. I have never known a child who loves stuffed animals as much as you do! I'm quite sure we have 100's of them...and you can tell me each of their names and who gave them to you or where we got them!
I love watching you grow and I look forward to all the Lord has in store for you this next year while you are 7! I know there  may be challenges with moving to a new place, going to a new school and church, making new friends, but we will be with you every step of the way and more importantly, God will be with you always!!
I'm reminded just now of the life verse we picked for you when you were born, so I will end your birthday letter this way, because there is no greater wish I could have for you than this...
"The Lord bless you & keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." ~ Numbers 6:24-26
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you, Madison Joy Baldwin & always remember...I'm your biggest fan!
Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment