Saturday, November 21, 2015

Thanksgiving at G-Ma's House

We had an early Thanksgiving at G-Ma's house the Saturday before Thanksgiving. After Grandparent's Day, we headed to Newcastle and the kids spent Friday afternoon playing outside in the treehouse and on the trail Rex made. They found some tiny little "Christmas" trees that Rex helped them cut down to put in the treehouse. Then they collected all kinds of "treasures" to decorate them with. I've said it many times, but G-Ma's treehouse really is every kids dream! The girls also had fun helping G-Ma in the kitchen.
Brian had a conference Friday afternoon/evening and then again on Saturday morning. This was just a few days after my miscarriage and d&c and I wasn't feeling well at all. I spent a lot of time laying down in the bedroom, but it was still good to be surrounded by family. I was just physically and emotionally exhausted and it was hard to do "normal" so soon. Poppa & Louise, Grandma Shaw, Clint, Abigail & Carver, Rex, Jimmy & Sara, Chris, Carol & Alexis, Aunt Barbara & Uncle Alan, and Jake & Courtney were all there. I'm so thankful for the wonderful family I get to be a part of!
Chris was trying to show Jonah how to play the harmonica.
Carver has the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!
They had a few battles of the will over the harmonica and one of G-Ma's old phones!
 
G-Ma found this Indian dress at a thrift store for $5. Pretty perfect for playing outside at Thanksgiving!
Their "baby" Christmas trees!
Madison's face...LOL!
Mack doesn't look too sure about that turkey!
 
My little nap buddy...
Cuddling with him is good medicine...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment