In 3rd grade, the Insect Collection is a BIG DEAL! We have been looking for insects since May, no joke! We have had baggies and plastic containers with bugs in them in our freezer for far too long. Mackenzie did a great job on her insect collection. My favorites are the Pandorus Moth that she found on her own, and the stick bug that we found at Silver Dollar City. It was on the ground and we nearly stepped on it. It's the coolest stick bug I've ever seen! I made Brian put it in his empty Gatorade bottle. He wasn't overly excited about carrying around a stick bug, but when it came time for the project, he was glad we did. We had Uncle Clint on the job too...he found several of these insects for Mackenzie, the best of which was the awesome black widow spider. I just wish I could have seen him "catching" it! What a great Uncle! Mackenzie had to identify the Common name, Scientific name, and Order of each insect. I helped her a lot with that part. I'm not even going to lie...I was SO happy when this project was complete! (FYI ~ These bugs stink.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment